IN THIS COURSE YOU WILL LEARN THE FOLLOWING:
- USCG License requirements and forms
- Rules of the Road Part 1: General and Steering and Sailing Rules
- Rules of the Road Part 2: Lights And Shapes
- Rules of the Road Part 3: Sound Signals and the Annexes
- Overview of Deck General and Nav General ,Questions and Topics
- Bouyage including Symbols and Abbreviations, Lateral and Cardinal
- True vs Magnetic vs Compass Courses
- Speed/Time/Distance calculations
- Latitude & Longitude Measurements & Calculations
- Chart plotting: Visual Fixes and Dead Reckoning
- Chart Plotting: Basic chart plotting based on destination and time
- Chart Plotting: Corrections for Current Set and Drift
- Other Publications: Coast Pilot, Chart No 1 , Light List, Bowditch, Duttons , Chapmans. Colregs
The USCG Captain's Exam Express course is designed for busy executives/experienced boaters who want to learn the critical components of the OUPV (six pack) license exam in the shortest possible time frame. The ideal student will have a basic understanding of the Rules of the Road ( Colregs ) , basic navigation skills, basic seamanship skills, and for the license 360 days of sea time with 90 days in the last 3 years. You don't have to take the test to take this course. You may just want a refresher! Course Format: Six Evenings. The class meets two evenings per week - 7pm - 9:30pm-for three weeks with a possible 7th class added if necessary for final review or make up.
Receive a 10% discount toward your next Landfall purchase, upon course completion. Restrictions apply.
Purchased Separately these Items would cost $103.98. Purchased as part of this course only $85.00 Per Student. You should bring your calculator ( trig functions preferred}
Payments & Policies
Marine Training Center Cancellation and Refund Policy:
Any student cancellation received by 5 days in advance of the start date of the course will receive a full refund. Any books or course materials purchased for a course can be returned for a store credit only.
Cancellations received less than 5 days in advance will not receive any refund.
Schedule change requests received less than 5 days in advance of the start of the course are subject to a 25% surcharge .
Students who arrive the day of the course who have not properly registered or have not properly prepared as required under the course requirements will be asked to leave and will not receive any refund.
Executive Director Landfall Marine Training Center
Private classes for yacht clubs and organizations can be arranged. Please call 1-800-941-2219 Ex: 21 or email the director to discuss your request: firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are currently no rebates available for this item