VHF | GPS | GMDSS | AIS | SONAR | RADAR | E-NAV | FLIR | IBS
and many more acronyms!
Intended for boat owners who are upgrading, those who are new to boating, owners (or their partner) who would like to have some idea what all those buttons and switches actually do and how can they integrate and how do you benefit? Now you can get the answers to these and many more questions with our integrated Radar and Marine Electronics course.
This class will help cut through the sales pitch so you understand what you actually need, what you might want and what can be stored ashore with the grand piano, snow blower and other items 'not needed on a voyage'!
You Will Learn the Following:
- Radar collision avoidance plotting
- Determining the course and speed of an approaching vessel
- Estimating the time and distance a vessel will pass
- The appropriate action to take according to the Rules of The Road
- RADAR regulations and the legal aspect of RADAR
Practical exercises on the simulator include:
- Interpretation of display, and limitations
- A variety of real-world situations encountered in Long Island Sound and elsewhere
- River navigation and collision avoidance on rivers
- Collision avoidance including target vessel course/speed change
- Effect of own-ship course/speed change
The Electronics Portion of the Course will address the following:
- AIS Class A Vs. Class B: Expectations Vs. Reality
- HDG: The Importance of stable Heading Data for Multiple Devices
- Apps: The best of what is out there for Navigation and Utilization
- Radar Integration with other electronics
- What's new in electronics
Course Format: One Day - Seven Hours, 30 minute lunch break Handouts and trouble-shooting guides will be provided in class.
Feel free to bring questions, handbooks or the gadgets themselves.
Payments & Policies
Marine Training Center Cancellation and Refund Policy:
Any student cancellation received by 5 days in advance of the start date of the course will receive a full refund. Any books or course materials purchased for a course can be returned for a store credit only.
Cancellations received less than 5 days in advance will not receive any refund.
Schedule change requests received less than 5 days in advance of the start of the course are subject to a 25% surcharge .
Students who arrive the day of the course who have not properly registered or have not properly prepared as required under the course requirements will be asked to leave and will not receive any refund.
Executive Director Landfall Marine Training Center
Private classes for yacht clubs and organizations can be arranged. Please call 1-800-941-2219 Ex: 21 or email the director to discuss your request: firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are currently no rebates available for this item