SOS Dan Buoy is a compact, self-contained device, specifically designed to make rescue and recovery, simpler operation. There is no need to set or activate the SOS Dan Buoy, just throw it into the water, towards the person overboard. Throw the SOS Dan Buoy into the water and within seconds of Immersion a it inflates, and stands 2.0 meters above the waterline, highly visible up to 1,700 meters. SOS Dan buoy has webbing loops, allowing the person to put their arms around the marker to help support them when fatigued. This gives extra support and security while awaiting rescue. Within a seconds of submersion the SOS Dan buoy will fully inflate deploying, 6' high, easily visible, fluorescent green inflated pole. The pole includes a at its top, an automatically triggered strobe light for easy night spotting, reflective strips for search light contact, whistle for sound notification a large drogue to slow wind drift, handholds for the victim to support himself, and a foot long streamer, also near the top, which whips in the wind and seaway providing movement recognition against the background. It meets ISAF Offshore Special Regulations 2012 -2013, section 4.22.1b(ii) and is used by many yachts in the hazardous Sydney to Hobart yacht race and used by navies and rescue groups around the world. Features/Benifits:
- Ready-to-go man overboard equipment.
- SOS Dan Buoy is packed into a portable valise-compact, ready for use. Tested to elements of ISO 12402.
- Self-contained disposable CO2 inflation system, the same mechanism as an inflatable lifejacket.
- , large drogue (120cm circumference, 60cm long) to reduce downwind drift. Designed along life raft specifications.
- The SOS Dan Buoy marker allows the person overboard to place their arms through the webbing loops, giving an extra sense of security and stability, especially when fatigued, until help arrives.
- SOS Marine has made every effort to augment visibility. The fluorescent yellow, 2.5 metre streaming ribbon waves back and forth in a breeze, allowing it to be seen up to 1700 meters.
- Fitted with an automatic SOLAS light for night rescues and SOLAS grade high-visibility, retro-reflective tape.
- Easy maintenance and service. Lightweight (weighs, kilos) and compact for transport and stowing on all vessels.
- Service Window: provides the added benefit of detecting, at a glance, that the SOS Dan Buoy is set to go. There is also, service reminder inside the flap.
- Reusable and repackable, only requires a 33gram replacement cylinder and an activation cartridge.
Next Day Priority
or 2-day air
add $45 surcharge.
CLASS, Life-saving Appliance
- SOS Dan Buoy is smaller than a tackle box; extremely beneficial for safety in small boats, like the fisherman's tinny.
There are currently no rebates available for this item