McMurdo Smartfind s10
Personal AIS Beacon
The McMurdo Smartfind S10 AIS Beacon is an innovative manually activated personal safety device which incorporates both AIS (Automatic Identification System) and GPS technology.
McMurdo Smartfind S10 AIS Beacon Datasheet (.pdf)
Smartfind S10 is waterproof, buoyant and compact, intended for carriage by divers, crew and anyone who works on or carries out leisure activities on the water.
When activated the Smartfind S10 transmits a unique alert signal to the vessel the individual has come from and to all AIS enabled equipment within a typical 4 mile range, signalling that help is required in a man overboard or lost diver situation.
• Manually activated personal safety device to aid recovery of persons in difficulty
• Transmits GPS target tracking information over AIS
• Unique serialized ID
• Small and light for unobtrusive carriage
• Waterproof, buoyant and fully submersible to 60 meters
• Flashing LED light
• Minimum 24 hour continuous operation
• 5 year battery storage life