Heavy Weather Boating
for Power and Sail
Course Length: 3 Hours
When the going gets rough you may be put in a position of learning first hand what to do. This course is intended to give you information so you are prepared for those rough days at sea, especially when they come up unexpectedly.
This class is designed to share expert information on what to look for, what to do and more importantly, what not to do. The course will give you valuable information on how to be prepared.
- Wind and sea – the relationship between wind duration and fetch
- Waves – wave forms
- The effects of tide and current and reflected/refracted waves
- Weather signs, seeing indicators of wind shifts, clouds, etc.
- The importance of establishing your position
- Boat handling – the effects of seas on the boat (power and sail)
- Tactics including anchoring
- Staying on board
- Man over board
- Check list
Facilitators: Captain Lenny Lipton, USCG Master
Certification: Upon course completion you will receive a Landfall Navigation Marine Training Center certificate of completion in Heavy Weather Boating for Power and Sail .
|FREE SHIPPING* |
on orders over $150 (details*), use code eShipping13