010-00892-00 UPC 753759102487 Garmin's AIS 300 receiver offers an affordable solution for receiving AIS target data, providing mariners with an improved situational awareness and better collision avoidance. This affordable NMEA 2000®-compatible AIS receiver alerts you to potential collisions with other AIS-equipped vessels in your vicinity. When used with a Garmin chartplotter and VHF, vessel information is quickly accessible, and a VHF DSC call to the threat can be made with minimal key presses.
• Enables monitoring of other nearby AIS-equipped vessels that may pose a collision risk
• NMEA 2000 certified for easy installation
• Built-in passive splitter will enable one VHF antenna to serve for both the Garmin AIS 300 and any VHF radio with minimal signal loss – makes for easy installation
• Integrate AIS target data information directly on the chartplotter display (AIS target overlay, MMSI number
saving, vessel status and more)
• When connected to a compatible Garmin chartplotter and VHF 200 by NMEA 2000, mariners can display AIS
target data and initiate a call to a target directly from the chartplotter screen
• Dual channel AIS receiver with Class A and Class B reception – allows decoding of AIS traffic from both
commercial and leisure vessels
• Aids in collision avoidance by integrating a Closest Point of Approach (CPA) alarm when connected to a
• NMEA 0183 output with selectable high/low speeds
• Supports 12 V and 24 V boat systems
Know Your Surroundings
This black box AIS receiver integrates with a Garmin chartplotter and VHF radio to enable automatic AIS target calling and to display AIS target data directly on the chartplotter screen. To ensure no loss of information, dual-channel monitoring allows for independent monitoring of both AIS channels. The AIS 300 receiver also includes Class A and Class B reception which allows decoding of AIS traffic from both commercial and leisure vessels. Additionally, the AIS 300 can further aid in collision avoidance by integrating a Closest Point of Approach (CPA) alarm when connected to a compatible chartplotter. Mariners can rest easy knowing they have visibility of all the boat traffic around them.
Installation Made Easy
The AIS 300 is NMEA 2000 certified and is easily added to your existing NMEA 2000 network. It is compatible with both 12-volt and 24-volt boat systems. Additionally, the AIS 300 offers a NMEA 0183 output with selectable speed. A built-in passive splitter enables one VHF antenna to serve both the AIS 300 and any VHF radio, making for easy installation. Once installed, users can view all AIS data on their chartplotters so they'll have all the information they need at their fingertips.
Unit dimensions, WxHxD: 9.8" x 7.1" x 2.5" (24.9 x 18.0 x 6.4 cm)
Weight: 4.2 lb (1.9 kg)
Temperature range: From -4°F to 149°F (from -20°C to 65°C)
Waterproof Rating: IPX7
Operating Voltage: 9.6–31.2 Vdc (12 Vdc or 24 Vdc boat battery)
Current Drain: 250mA
Antenna Connector: S0-239 (50 Ω)
Max Antenna Gain: 9 dB
Antenna Port Impedance: 50 Ω
NMEA 2000 Power Usage: LEN=2
In the box:
Garmin AIS 300, Power/data cable, NMEA 2000® drop cable (2m), VHF interconnect cable, NMEA 2000 T-connector, Mounting hardware and documentation.