GPS Moving Map Software
Fugawi Global Navigator is the ideal PC software tool for route planning, GPS programming, and real-time GPS navigation on land a seand in the air.
With Fugawi Global Navigator you can navigate in real time using the widest variety of digital maps, such as NOAA RNC, topographic maps, street maps, or with your own scanned paper maps!
Fugawi Global Navigator also brings you the convenience of planning routes, waypoints and tracks on your maps. With a click of your mouse they can be uploaded into your GPS receiver for use in the field. Also, routes, waypoints and tracks created on your adventures can be downloaded from your GPS onto the digital map(s) in Fugawi for analysis.
Navigate with your PC
Connect your PC or laptop to a compatible GPS receiver to view your position on a detailed chart, map, or air photo. See speed, position a direction a ETA, and more.
Plan and transfer routes
Create routes directly on a nautical chart, street map or topographic map and transfer named waypoints, routes, and tracks between your PC and your handheld GPS or PDA.
View maps in 3D
View your favorite chart or map in stunning 3D*. Fly ACR's the 3D landscape using your mouse, keyboard, or joystick, or view your GPS position in real-time on the 3D chart. A great tool for finding the perfect hiking route.
Overlay streets and place names
Fugawi Street Overlay enhances your marine chart or land map by drawing named streets** directly on top. Millions of included place names can also be added to the map.
Navigate with your PDA
Includes Fugawi PDA Edition for Windows Mobile and Palm OS Upload rasterized maps to your PDA. Connect a GPS and enjoy navigation in the palm of your hand. You can also transfer waypoints, routes, and tracks between your PC and PDA. Supports Pocket PC 2003, Windows Mobile 5, and Palm OS V5.x. (Refer to the PDA Compatibility Table for more details).
Supports Optional PathAway GPS Software for Windows Mobile. PathAway is an excellent optional enhancement for those who wish to use their Fugawi maps on a Windows Mobile device
Customize and print maps
Open a supported map, or import your own scanned paper map and calibrate it. Add routes, waypoints, or tracks, or freehand draw on the map. Print a personalized paper copy at the scale of your choice.
- German Topo Maps: Added support for online German Topo Maps via direct download from Fugawi X Traverse
- Furuno Plotters Support: Data card transfer of waypoints and routes with Furuno NAVnet VX2 plotters
- Facebook Support: Transfer tracks, waypoints and routes to Facebook as an interactive map.
- Free Online Maps: Subscription to Fugawi X Traverse Topo Maps of USA or Canada free with purchase (To redeem...)
- Other Online Maps and Charts: Canada, USA, Germany and Swedish topo maps , CHS Marine Charts and Swedish Marine Charts as well as Mexico, Africa, and Europe now available via online subscription from Fugawi X Traverse.
- iPhone, iMap and iNavX Support: Waypoint transfer Fugawi iMap and with iNavX marine software for iPhone via Fugawi X Traverse
- Enhanced Chart Plotter Support: Enjoy easy and accurate route planning with Fugawi Marine ENC then upload your route to a Compact Flash or Secure Digital card for transfer to a chart plotter on board your boat. Supports memory card data transfer for leading plotters from Raymarine, Furuno, Humminbird, Lowrance, Geonav and Northstar. Of course routes can be transferred to many more plotters and handheld GPS using a cabled connection.
- Google Earth Maps: Support for optional (and free) Fugawi Google Earth Plugin.
- GPS Auto Detection: Fugawi will now auto detect a wide variety of GPS models when connected to the Serial or USB port.
- Optional PathAway: Support for optional PathAway GPS Software for Windows Mobile or Symbian smart phones.
Fugawi System Requirements
- Microsoft Windows Vista or Windows XP or Wwndows 7
- 500 MHz processor or better
- 256 MB RAM
- 250 MB free on HD
- CD Drive
- DVD drive for Bonus Data Pack
- 256 color display or better (graphics accelerator recommended for 3D viewing)
- Mouse or other pointing device
- Serial port for GPS receiver (will also work with PCMCIA serial port emulation or USB with serial adapter).
- Included Fugawi PDA Edition supports Pocket PC 2003, Windows Mobile 5 and Palm OS V5.x. (Refer to the PDA Compatibility Table.)
- Software package does not contain GPS, cable, or handheld computer
GPS Receiver Requirements
- GPS receiver with NMEA 0183 output
- Serial port or PCMCIA emulation for GPS input or serial to USB adapter
- Supports waypoint, route, and track transfer with most Garmin a Magellan, Lowrance, Silva/Brunton a Furuno, Raymarine, and other models. (Refer to the GPS Compatibility table)
- Supports route transfer with the Suunto X9 and X9i GPS wristwatches.
- Supports real-time navigation with above models plus any GPS with NMEA V2.1 or greater output (requires suitable serial or USB cable).
- Note: Fugawi Global Navigator can be used without GPS to plot and export positions to a text file, view maps and charts, and much more.
Package Includes: Fugawi Global Navigator Software a Manual, NOAA RNC charts for the entire US, topographic maps, Garmin IMG format maps (p.s. you can also use your own scanned paper maps).
There are currently no rebates available for this item