Raymarine AIS 250
The Raymarine Raymarine AIS 250 receiver module is a “listen only” AIS receiver that easily integrates with an existing VHF antenna using a built in VHF splitter. The Raymarine AIS 250 Receiver then interfaces to Raymarine multifunction displays, allowing AIS targets to be graphically overlaid in both the chartplotter and radar modes.
Operating in the VHF maritime band, the AIS system enables the wireless exchange of navigation status between vessels and shore-side traffic monitoring centers. Commercial ships, ocean going vessels and other boats equipped with AIS transmitters broadcast AIS messages that include the vessel’s name, course, speed, and current navigation status.
Raymarine AIS 250 Receiver Features:
- Monitoring of class A and B AIS broadcasts
- Overlay AIS targets on Raymarine multifunction displays in both chartplotter
and radar modes
- AIS target tracking enhances your situational awareness by monitoring a target’s name, course, speed, and navigation status
- Reconcile AIS targets with radar targets for added safety
- Built-in VHF/FM antenna splitter. No additional antenna required
- Two NMEA 0183 inputs (1 @38,400 and 1 @ 4800 bps)
- Two NMEA 0183 output ports (1 @38,400 and 1 @ 4800 bps)
- Built-in multiplexer enables multifunction displays to receive both AIS data and one other NMEA 0183 data source through a single port.
Raymarine AIS 250 Receiver System Requirements
- VHF Antenna
- Chartplotter, Multifunction display or PC application with NMEA 0183 input and AIS compatibility
Raymarine Multifunction Displays Requirements
- A-Series (A50/A50D, A57/A57D, A70/A70D)
- C-Series Classic (C70, C80, C120) software version 3.18 or higher*
- C-Series Widescreen (C90W, C120W, C140W)
- E-Series software version 3.22 or higher*
Raymarine AIS 250 Receiver System Diagram
ACR, Garmin, WatchMate and Raymarine AIS Systems.